The Council is seeking a new Accreditation Committee member who identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
As part of the Accreditation Committee, you will help the Council ensure that entry-level physiotherapy programs graduate as culturally safe physiotherapists, and that education providers positively support the enrolment and completion of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students in a culturally safe learning environment.
Commitment towards the Accreditation Committee typically includes meeting 5 times per year with one face-to-face meeting usually held at our offices in Melbourne and the other meetings via teleconference. In addition to providing expertise to meeting discussions and accreditation decisions, committee members are also expected to contribute to the development and review of advisory papers.
The ideal candidate for the Accreditation Committee will be:
- interested in health workforce development
- familiar with accreditation standards and processes to ensure the appropriate education of future health professionals
- experienced in the development of culturally safe practitioners with an emphasis on Indigenous health
- familiar with the governance of health professions
- able to work collaboratively with committee members and staff
We invite Expressions of Interest (EOI) to be submitted by Tuesday 17 May 2022. For more information about how to apply, the work of the Council’s Accreditation Committee and the remuneration of committee members, click here.